This No-Bake Coconut Mango Tart is a tangy summer treat that’s packed with sweet, juicy mangos! A creamy, fruity dessert that’s full of flavor but 100% fuss-free and vegan!
This No-Bake Coconut Mango Tart is a bright, tangy, and refreshing treat that is perfect for summer. This is a fuss-free dessert that turns out absolutely beautiful, making it great for entertaining or bringing with you on a picturesque picnic. With every bite so fruity, tart, and creamy, I don’t know of a better way to enjoy the sweet, juicy flavors of ripe summer mangos!
INGREDIENTS + INSPIRATION
For our perfectly sweet gluten-free crust, we’re using soaked dates, shredded coconut, and rolled oats—it’s a super quick & easy crust that pairs perfectly with the tart, juicy flavors of the mango! Soaking the dates for just a few minutes will soften them up to the perfect consistency for a chewy, crumbly crust. For our tangy fruit filling, we’re combining coconut cream, fresh (or frozen!) mango, agave, and a squeeze of tart lime or lemon juice for the most mouthwatering summertime combination! Seriously, every bite is drool-worthy. This tropical tart is my new go-to dessert for alllll spring & summer long, and you can bet I’ll be using frozen mangos during the colder months so I can enjoy this treat year-round!
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE COCONUT MANGO TART
No-bake tarts deserve an award. What other desserts turn out so beautiful, so delicious, and yet take so little effort to make?! All you have to do is form your crust, add your filling, and then freeze until it’s ready to enjoy! For a little extra pizazz, you can top your finished tart with some freshly cubed mango and maybe a few slices of lemon or lime 🙂
- Grease a tart pan and set aside. Soak the dates in a bowl of hot water for 5 mins then drain well.
- Combine the soaked dates, coconut, oats, and salt in a food processor and process into a thick dough. Spread the dough evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan and set aside.
- In a high-speed blender, blend the coconut cream, mango, agave, lemon juice, vanilla, salt, and optional cardamom until thick and creamy, then transfer to the tart pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Freeze the tart for at least 6 hours, then let sit at room temperature for a few mins before slicing.
This fuss-free dessert is great for entertaining or enjoying on a sunny weekend. Slice a piece for yourself and your friends and soak up all of the bright, juicy flavors of summer! You could even try making these into mini tarts if you wanted to bring some very cute handheld desserts to a get-together. You can also make your tart ahead of time and keep it in a tightly sealed container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Whenever you’re ready, simply take it out of the freezer, let it sit for a bit, and then you have a delicious tropical flavor explosion anytime a craving strikes…and if you’re like me, that might be pretty often 😉
If you’re looking for more no-bake dessert recipes, you’ll also love this No-Bake Chocolate Raspberry Tart, this No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie, these No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Bars, and a popular one on the blog—these No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies!
This No-Bake Coconut Mango Tart is a tangy summer treat that’s packed with sweet, juicy mangos! A creamy, fruity dessert that’s full of flavor but 100% fuss-free!
For the Crust:
- 2/3 packed cup (180 g) pitted Medjool Dates
- 2/3 cup (40 g) shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup (70 g) rolled oats, gluten-free if necessary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Mango Filling:
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, solid parts only* (about 1 scant cup / 235ml)
- 2 cups (250 g) cubed fresh or frozen mango
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) agave
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime; about 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Optional: fresh mango, for topping and serving
- Prep: grease a 9″ tart pan and set aside. Transfer the dates to a bowl and cover with hot water; let soak for 5 minutes, then drain well.
- Make the Crust: Put the dates in a food processor with the coconut, oats, and salt and process until a thick dough forms. Spread the dough evenly across the bottom of the tart pan, making sure to come up the sides as well. Set aside.
- Make the Filling: In a high-speed blender, add the coconut cream, mango, agave, lemon juice, vanilla, salt, and optional cardamom. Blend on high until a thick and creamy consistency forms, then transfer to the tart pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Freeze & Serve: Place the tart pan in the freezer for at least 6 hours, or until the filling is frozen. Let sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving and slicing.
- Coconut Milk: to separate the coconut milk from the cream, place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight, or for at least 6-8 hours. The cream will rise to the top, while the liquid will fall to the middle – you can save this for smoothies! I used the Taste of Thai coconut milk when making this recipe