Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
These One Bowl Peanut Butter Energy Bites are the perfect healthy snack! They’re full of healthy fats, complex carbs, and meal-prep and travel-friendly.
These Peanut Butter Energy Bites are the ultimate healthy snack food – they’re made from good-for-you ingredients, but still totally taste like a treat. And yes, there is chocolate involved 😉
These balls are great for a morning or afternoon pick me up (or heck, even dessert), traveling, school lunch, you name it! There’s really no wrong way to enjoy these creamy, perfectly sweet bites of joy. I’m willing to bet you can’t stop at one…
INGREDIENTS FOR ONE BOWL PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES
As if these energy bites could get any better, they’re made from only 4 wholesome ingredients! All of which happen to be very, very, pantry-friendly…
- Peanut Butter + Maple Syrup combine to make a creamy, melt-in-your-mouth base that also helps everything stick together.
- Rolled Oats add texture, complex carbs, heartiness, and a subtle nutty flavor.
- Chocolate Chips make these energy bites the ultimate sweet tooth satisfier, while still being super wholesome! Plus they add some extra decadence, fun, and #pizazz ????
HOW TO MAKE ONE BOWL PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES
No food processor required here, friends! All you need to whip these babies up is one trusty bowl:
- Mix peanut butter and maple syrup until well combined.
- Add the rolled oats and chocolate chips and mix.
- Roll the dough into balls.
- Enjoy immediately or after refrigerated.
EXTRA (FUN) FLAVOR VARIATIONS:
These Peanut Butter Energy Bites are perfectly sweet & simple as-is, but if you want to get creative here are some fun add-ins to switch things up!
- PB & Cinnamon: add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the batter along with the rolled oats
- PB & Vanilla: add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in with the peanut butter and maple syrup! This will help the energy bites taste extra sweet and delicious
- PB Superfood: use only 1 cup of rolled oats and add in 1/4 cup of ground flax instead! Flaxseed is full of healthy fats and fiber.
- PB Coconut: replace 1/2 cup of oats with 1/2 cup of shredded, unsweetened coconut
- PB Banana: omit the maple syrup and use 1/2 cup of mashed, super-ripe banana instead. These bites will be a little less sweet than the original recipe
- PB&J: skip the chocolate chips and use dried fruit instead! I recommend chopping your fruit into smaller pieces so it will distribute through the batter more evenly. Or, you can keep the chocolate chips in and use 1/2 cup of berry jam instead of the maple syrup.
These Peanut Butter Energy Bites are my favorite snack for pretty much any setting, any time of day. Need a little morning indulgence to start your day off right? Done. Need an afternoon pick-me-up treat? Done. How about a healthy travel-friendly snack? Done & done.
They’re also super convenient to prep and keep in your kitchen for whenever the craving strikes. Store them in the fridge for up to one week. You can keep them at room temperature for a few days as well, but their texture holds up much better in the fridge.
One Bowl Peanut Butter Energy Bites
These One Bowl Peanut Butter Energy Bites are full of healthy fats, complex carbs, and make a delicious yet wholesome pick-me-up treat for any time of day.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: ~19 balls
- Category: Side
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Mix: Add the peanut butter and maple syrup to a medium bowl and mix together until combined. Then, add the rolled oats and chocolate chips to the batter and mix until evenly distributed. If the batter looks too wet, set aside to let sit for 3-5 minutes; the rolled oats will absorb some of the moisture from the peanut butter.
- Roll: Use a 1 1/2 tablespoon, cookie scoop, or spoon to scoop out even amounts of dough. Use your hands to roll the dough into balls – the balls may appear soft at first, but will firm up once refrigerated.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in an airtight container the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Peanut Butter: the only ingredients in your peanut butter should be peanuts and/or salt. If your peanut butter is unsalted, add 1/4 teaspoon of salt along with the wet ingredients. Natural peanut butter is much more runny, which helps bind the ingredients together in this recipe. If you use a thicker peanut butter with hydrogenated oils or added sugar the recipe will be too dry and not bind together.
- Chocolate: I recommend using mini chips for this recipe, as they distribute throughout the batter more evenly. You can also finely chop a chocolate bar and use that instead!
- Flavor Variations: for an extra twist, add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and/or vanilla extract to the balls! See the blog post for even more flavor ideas.
Keywords: peanut butter chocolate chip balls, peanut butter chocolate bites, no bake energy bites, energy bites no food processor, vegan peanut butter bites, healthy peanut butter energy bites